Sunday, June 26, 2016

Smashbox Lighting Theory Master Class Palette Review & Swatches



Hey everyone! Welcome back to my blog. Today I am reviewing the Smashbox Lighting Theory Master Class Palette. This palette concentrates on contouring, strobing, and shadow. This palette is available at Sephora and retails for $65.00. I had mentioned to my husband that I really liked this palette and he said to order it! He is awesome and totally supports my makeup addiction even though he doesn't understand it. (:






                                                                                     This palette comes with  4 cream color correctors, cream contour , highlight, bronzer, and 3 cream shimmer highlights. You also get 24 powder eyeshadows, and 3 powder blushes.



This palette also includes 5 instructional cards to help you with color correcting, contouring, and different eye looks.





These cream contours are so creamy, bendable and pigmented. I actually can't believe how good these are! I have never had good luck with color correctors but these work incredibly well. I would buy this palette just to have these correctors.



The contour, bronzer and highlight are just as amazing as the color correctors. These blend like a dream and are perfect for beginners because they allow you to build the color because they are so blendable. My only issue is the highlight is not light enough to really highlight my pale skin, but I can overlook that. This bronzer does not come off orange and the contour is actually cool enough to be a contour for fair skin. 



These highlights are pretty good, but not as creamy and pigmented as the other creams in the palette. They are not going to give you that champagne pop glow, but they are really nice if you want a subtle highlight.  My personal favorite is the pink shade. These would be great as a brow bone highlight too!







I have never tried Smashbox eyeshadows before so that made me even more excited for this palette. The shadows are very pigmented and soft. I did find that some shades were a little more powdery than others, but if you tap your brush before applying they work really well. The shadows are very blendable and I really like the selection of neutrals and the pops of color. My only complaint about the shadows is the shade blackout is more of a grey as opposed to a true black. I would have really liked to have a true black in this palette because if you were traveling you could use it as liner. Overall, these are good quality shadows.



L to R : Sand, Totally Nude, Nectar, Almond



L to R: Truffle, Lightwave, Sunrise, Sunlight


        


L to R: Optics, Metallic Violet, Metallic Bronze, Metallic Brick

L to R: Nocturnal, Blackout, Sumatra, Backlit



I have also never tried Smashbox blushes and I was really impressed by these. They are pigmented and blend beautifully. They also have really good staying power. Sometimes I feel that my blush doesn't last all day  even with a setting spray, but these blushes still looked vibrant and fresh at the end of the day.



L to R: Candlelit, Carnation, Spectrum


I think this palette is amazing! If you are somebody that does not have a lot of makeup this would be a perfect palette to start with because you get a little bit of everything. If you are planning on purchasing this palette leave me a comment and let me know. Thanks again for stoping by my blog and make sure to leave your email so you never miss a post! (:


Be(you)tiful





No comments:

Post a Comment