Thursday, May 12, 2016

Nars Orgasm Blush and Laguna Bronzer VS. Elf Blush and Bronzer duo in St. Lucia | Review & Swatches

  I know by now every beauty lover has noticed that the Elf blush/bronzer duo looks suspiciously like the cult favorite Nars duo. Some have even gone so far as to call it a dupe. The Nars duo retails for $42.00 and Elf $3.00,  so it would save our wallets if this was a dupe. 
I decided after many years of going back and forth on whether to purchase this cult classic I finally took the plunge. This duo did not disappoint and has quickly become a staple in my makeup collection. Recently while at Target (a place I frequent often) and perusing the makeup aisle I spotted the Elf duo and decided to give it a shot. 


   As you can see these duos do look a lot alike. They both have matte black packaging, but the Nars packaging has much more of a rubber texture and to be honest, feels much higher quality compared to the Elf packaging. The major difference I noticed right off is the difference in the blush shades. I have seen swatches online where they look identical, but I do not see it. 



                                                                                 Elf        



Nars






      Nars Orgasm is a bright peachy pink with gold shimmer. The blush is quite pigmented and smooth. The Elf blush is very light and powdery and it took many layers to get the swatch shown above. The Elf blush was very hard to apply to the cheeks and I really had to use a lot of product to get even the slightest color payoff. Compared to the Nars blush that applies so easily and you do not need much product at all. I would not say that the blush is a dupe. There are plenty of other peachy pink shades in the drugstore so I would pass on this one. If you would like to see a post on dupes for Nars Orgasm from the drugstore please leave me a comment! (:



Elf  
                                                       





Nars







     Now let's talk about the bronzer because I have some good news! This is a dupe! These bronzers are almost identical. The neutral tone of the bronzers is identical and they both leave your skin looking bronzed and healthy. The little bit of shimmer makes your skin look so radiant. You can still use them for contouring because the glitter is so minimal. The major difference is the Elf bronzer is VERY pigmented and slightly powdery so you need to tap your brush before applying. Nars Laguna is my holy grail bronzer, but I have actually been reaching for the Elf one since I got it. If you were one the fence about buying Laguna I would buy the Elf one and seriously you will not be disappointed. 

   So, I can only say that I think half of the Elf duo is a dupe, but I still think that it is worth purchasing for the bronzer. I love the Nars duo and I think it is worth every penny. I hope if you were on the fence about either of these products that my review helped you. If there are any products you would like to see a review on please leave a comment below!






No comments:

Post a Comment